Press Release for immediate use:
(Brighton &) Hove Grown Festival are pleased to announce that ticket sales for 2017 have already eclipsed the total sales for 2016, and we’ve only had four days of the festival.
(Brighton &) Hove Grown is a performing arts festival that showcases Brighton & Hove talent, with every show featuring writers and/or performers based locally.
Over the course of ten days in the debut 2016 festival, pre-sales totalled 20% of total available venue capacity, with further sales on the door. After three days of Hove Grown 2017, pre-sales already totalled more than 22% of total available venue capacity, and door sales had significantly increased too – resulting in a high number of sell-out shows. Terianne Falcone’s Good Grief on West 88th Street sold out the 60-capacity Purple Playhouse Theatre. Immediate Productions’ Fit For Work sold out the 40-capacity Sweet Dukebox. Shows such as Joe Clark’s Drunk With a Pen at Artista and David Terrence’s Fried Mind Show reported rooms at 75%+ capacity.
Guy Wah, Founder of ZLS Theatre, co-founder of the festival, was delighted with the figures:
“I’m over the moon. This really is a testament to hard work of both the small team that we have working behind the scenes, and the work of the performers themselves. There’s a real buzz around the festival this year and it’s nice to see the performers rewarded with audiences of a good size. People have commented on both the quality and the diversity of the festival, so that’s incredibly satisfying.”
Sarah Johnson, Assistant Venue Manager for Sweet Venues, and co-founder of the festival was equally happy:
“We are delighted at the audience response to the Hove Grown programme this year. Ticket sales are booming and audience feedback has been glowing. Seeing both audiences and performers enjoying the festival is hugely satisfying and exactly why we created Hove Grown.”
(Brighton &) Hove Grown runs until 2nd April and the full programme can be viewed at www.hovegrown.org.uk. All tickets are £10 or less, with most ranging from £5-£8. The programme covers theatre, comedy, spoken word, cabaret and workshops, with a selection of family friendly shows.
For more information and to buy tickets go to www.hovegrown.org.uk
For further information and media appearances please contact:
Guy 07890 063830 / email@example.com
Sarah 07968 778886 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors
- The second annual (Brighton &) Hove Grown festival takes place between 24th March and 2nd April 2017.
- The festival is a collaboration between social enterprise theatre company ZLS Theatre and Sweet Venues.
- Sweet Venues run the Sweet Dukebox year-round, and have pop-up venues at St Andrew’s Church, Jury’s Inn Waterfront Hotel and the King Alfred Leisure Centre during Brighton Fringe 2017.
- Entry criteria for the festival are: Presentations were not debuted more than two years ago, and either the performers or the writer must be based within Brighton & Hove.
- Facebook: facebook.com/hovegrown
- Twitter: @hove_grown
- Website: hovegrown.org.uk